8.22.2018

WOYWW #481 { a few piles}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW 


So, what I can tell you about this glass mat is ( I love how easy it is to clean) I have started leaving a bottle of glass cleaner on the floor next to the trash can just to do that. It also picks up the reflections of the overhead lights really well too for photographs haha. the white ish blob to the right is a 4" card done from a Smooshed leaf in the big shot Duoprinting with Chlorophyll. ( tutorial found here) and the other thing to the left of that is a new Penny Black die that was on the "add on" list at Amazon that arrived with some glass cleaner refill today haha.  

So, that is what that stack of watercolor papers to the left of the glass mat are. ( all dried smooshed leaves) the pile beyond that is some of the extras I made during dtgd and some dies that did not get put away yet. ( I really have not cleaned up from that yet either, its such a mentally exhausting thing to see that much art all at once, not just my own but, I did see a very big chunk of that gallery of everyone else's projects too.) so, I have been trying to stay off line to give my brain a rest.

This is that same 4" card on the table. That is a print of flat leaf Italian Parsley.

 This is ( same Parsley)

 This is Basil, and the leaves were a little juicy and leaked out past the leaf, so I grabbed an Distress Oxide Old paper pad, some water and a paintbrush and created a more uniform looking shadow out from the leaf. ( I did not color inside the leaf print) the sentiment on this one is from Simon Says Stamps best ever set. It's nearly a miracle that I remembered it was still Wednesday ( before it got dark even haha) Thanks for stopping by, I will be driving all day for work tomorrow so, it may be Friday/Saturday before I make the rounds.

8 comments:

Claire said...

Wow, what gorgeous cards!! I especially love the basil one.
Happy WOYWW :)
Claire no. 1

Julia Dunnit said...

Ooh clever you, those smooshed leaves are lovely...love how you got around the leaky basil, that’s very clever! Really pleased you like the glass mat, and am super impressed that you’ve bought a dedicated glass cleaner already!!

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, those are fab cards. Especially love how you dealt with the Basil. It looks amazing. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well, that's a clever technique! The smooched leaves almost look like an old fashioned lithograph print...I like them very much!
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacey, great cards you've made. Love how you've done them too. Have a great belated woyww, Angela x15x

Hazel said...

I love the parsley and basil images and the cards you've made with them. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a good week. Hazel, WOYWW #20 x

Dotty Jo said...

What a fun thing to do! The end results are gorgeous, Jo x #22

Kelly said...

Hi Stacy. Love the cards! Nature is her own best stamp. Thanks for stopping in. Creative Blessings on your week. Kelly #31