8.27.2018

A few Christmas challenge cards


This week's featured stamper is Mandy who has this fabulous shabby Christmas card seen here that I chose to case. I love that embossed sheet music peeking through the candles so much. so, I moved my embossed layer to be a mat under that solid gold glimmer paper ( which did not like being heat embossed with the UTTE. ( in real life that sheet looks shiny where it looks burnt in the photograph) The gold is from recollections and the shiny gold the candles were cut from is from Bazzill. the lace is vintage and the ribbon is unknown. that snowflake charm came from Stampin' Up! a few years aback and the sentiment is from the Tim Holtz great outdoors set. this one is A7 in real life.

 Now this, I had to have this die (Hero Arts deer & Ornament) , and it turned out to be a two piece looking one so, I cut it apart... and then I ended up using a large (small) circle die from spellbinders to sandwich it all back together haha. I did add the faces and texture with some pencils on the diecut scene part.


So, trying to decided what I like better this one I did as a Card for the Dirty Dozen August Christmas theme and left the scene as a silhouette. the background was cut from an alcohol inked piece of Yupo. the sentiment is from the Stampin Up set called and many more. this one is 4 1/2" square in real life.
I did haul both of these to work to get a second opinion and June was of the thought that this card needs the faces drawn on like the tag. So, I may or may not do that later. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: