5.26.2016

Tool gift cards


Fathers day is fast approaching in my reality because, it takes me for ever to make decisions about what to make for them all. I tend to make my cards for each of the dad's in our life individually and the fun thing about this you are a handy guy set from Two Paper Diva's is all the guys in my life are tool collectors. :)  And I didn't have it say Happy Fathers day because, it is entirely possible that it could end up waiting for a birthday without that, and I added in the enjoy from the every day sentiments set.   The Textured handmade paper is I have no clue on the mfg info. (a lot of the time a long time ago these were sold in multi color texture packs with no info at all on them) The photo corners are from Heidi Swapp and the base is bazzill.  This card is 6" square in real life.


 A closer look at the details. The images were stamped ( masked) with Versafine onyx black ink on some Neenah solar white (smooth) cardstock. the main panel I did run a SU hand held punch along the side of the edge (because, its my favorite punch tool design)The enjoy tab is really on a lawn fawn stitched labels die that is tucked up under the main panel to make it look like a tab shape. The gloves were stamped on a scrap and cut out with scissors.  this was all colored with prisma pencils. I wanted the tool box to look a little old and worn so I used both red and brown pencils on the box. All the pigments were melted with a prisma colorless blender marker. ( the copic blender will not do the same thing) There is something in the prisma blender that will melt the pigments. and for me this is a handy trick over the using say baby oil or odorless mineral spirits. ( I am klutzy and I used to color at night on a lap board on the sofa while my husband watched the news) I have since moved this down the hall to a spare room but, its done on an antique sofa table so, since klutzy is not something I have ever gotten over using the markers to blend is a safer option for me. These do however put out fumes. ( more fumes than copic markers to me) so, also being near sighted I try to keep my nose off the paper when I am almost finished and smoothing things out with the marker.

 This gift tag die from Mama Elephant also comes with some hole reinforcers and tab dies to go with it so, I did use two of the folding tabs and ran some burlap string through them as a looping tie. ( no bows needed kind of a thought) This tag is A-2 sized in real life.


A closer look at the stamping & coloring again these were done with prisma pencils. Next thursday I will also show you all another guy card right before the new release happens. Have a good day and thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

Stacy great and fab card and tag
Gr Karin

Princess Judy Palmer said...

COOL! Tool! Love! It! Yes!

Okay, that one syllable thing is hard on my soul. Cool card though. I find men cards hard but I have a lot of things that will work for them so.... I dunno.

Loll said...

These are awesome Stacy! Love the tool box ... your colouring is fantastic. And great sentiment. The hand made paper in the backgrounds is just perfect. I looks sort of like thin-set. :) Cute tag too. xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful colorng and awesome masculine card! I still love this "older" set...just last year's Father's Day release; and you did it up great!