5.15.2016

Little Packages

Almost every time there is an Mix it up challenge at Ellen Hutson, I have Essentials by Ellen to play with but, maybe not the other company or the time goes by faster than I think and I forget. Today that did not happen. This current challenge is to mix EH with Savvy Stamps and I remembered before the deadline. ( it's a miracle) :) The best part is I love how this turned out and may make a few of them to have on hand.

 I recently got lucky I felt because, the Mondo Magnolia die set for this stamp from Ellen Hutson was in stock last time I checked and so, it just arrived in the mail a few days ago. And I have been working on some "sunshine" packages so, that decided the fate of the colors to test this with. The savvy stamps small packages stamp is also a new thing to me and I was not sure the peanut brittle (memento luxe) ink would show on the kraft sack so, it was stamped in some versafine Habanero.


A closer look at the bloom, I had this old old Basic Grey print and I no longer remember its line name but, I had just a sliver so, I did it backwards and cut the three blooms first out of the scrap and then laid the stamp stuck to my craft mat on the table so I could line up the petals upside down. I figured if it wiggled it would just add to the character since the paper is distressed a little in design. I did spin the layers on purpose so the petals on the larger layers could peek out from the cut layers to add some more depth to it. the center is an Hero Arts "dot". The bow is just tied around the outside of the sack with some sheer gold/yellow ribbon.

On the inside is a simple tag (Poppy Stamps pinpoint mainstreet tag cut from some Neenah classic cream with two layers of Spellbinders labels 28 dies and the Hello stamped from the Mondo Magnolia's set in Peanut brittle. And I think for sure I will be making more of these soon. thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Greta said...

Wow--such a wonderful project! The bloom is stunning!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy, what an adorable "little package" that is just perfect to have on hand. Great idea and really pretty with the large Mondo Magnolia. And I love the "hello" tag inside! Sweetness!! Hugs!

Janice M said...

That is so pretty Stacy! Looks like it would hold a gift card perfectly??!

Loll said...

What a beautiful little package to give someone. Really sweet Stacy. Love that gorgeous layered bloom. xx