11.07.2014

VSN Mini... {Frozen}


This one was done for Misti's challenge seen here ( to use ice cubes) well, you see its like this... I don't own any stamps with an ice cube on them... and I knew I had some drink images that Leigh Anne rak'd me a looong time ago and I "thought" they had ice in them... haha, nope, there is this one that has lemon hearts and another one with Christmas baubles inside a pitcher... So, I decided that these are really those fake ice cubes you can get at an kitchen gadget store now a days that you freeze them. ( they are any kind of funny thing you can think of a theme for anymore) and they don't water down the drink when they thaw.

you see that right? so, this uses up three of those images the glass was cut out and popped up and the lemons were on a yellow piece of cardstock so, they are paper pieced into the popped up part. 


This was done for Tammie's VSN challenge you can see here ( it's an inspiration photo) This Penny Black heaven on earth was stamped on some Sahara sand with versafine vintage sepia and cut out with deckle scissors. the edges were inked with some creamy brown and this piece is popped up over that woodgrain cover sheet. ( its whole sheets with that pattern that I picked up at the paperzone a long time ago) the fibers are brown bag fibers and the sentiment is from Savvy Stamps on an justrite diecut. 


This was done because, everything was still laying on the table and I figured what the heck. its also A-6 in real life, difference is there is no sentiment and the string on the side I cut off of a wrapped package of Hero Arts sentiments a while back and thought I liked the way the colors contrasted. (hoarders R us) 

2 comments:

stampingbowd said...

Stacy, you are so creative with your lemon ice cubes! I knew what they were right off!!! I love this warm and cheery take on a winter challenge!! Terrific! Your second card is really pretty too!!! I love the glittery, winter scene!

Super Jen said...

Sound logic on the ice cubes. Great card, too.