6.09.2016

Last weekends challenge cards

 On Sunday the featured stamper challenge headed to Marisa's gallery where I found this cool car 
And changed nearly everything. I used her piece for the color & theme inspiration. The mega teacup is from Unity Stamps and the sentiment is from Impression Obsession.
 

  The Inspiration challenge headed to this board of wedding shoe mug shots and I chose this one. ( which is funny if you know purple is not a go to color for me) and the whole thing turned into a comedy of errors but, I did finish it and post it in spite of that. I used the SU gently falling embossing folder with an Club Scrap sentiment ( girlfriends set)


Now this I will probably do again as a "do over" with some more planning behind the thought. I had thought I owned a constellation background stamp ( ended up ordering one after the fact) and the Mix challenge was to do something that included watercolor lifting as shown in an Jennifer McGuire video seen here.
So what I learned doing this is, it probably lets the original base color pop better with some bold solid stamps being embossed and that my SU markers are really dry or really absorb lickety split into the strathmore watercolor paper. ( I was heat embossing so, I grabbed what was on the table, all the rest of my watercolor mediums are downstairs) So, I think I will do this one again but, change the kind of stamps and maybe make a stack of just watercolor backgrounds to have on hand. The constellation stamps on this one are from Hero Arts and the sentiment is from Impression Obsession.

No comments: