7.04.2023

Watercoloring a blue scene

 Hi & Happy Independence Day everyone! This week Kia has shared a painting a blue scene from nasimart Seen here on YouTube. I tend to watch all these video's with them on mute and the closed captioning playing. So, I am not so sure exactly what the focus of this one was. the actual scene the monochromatic look or the color blue. 

So, I decided to not over think it and just do something similar. blue scene, pretty monochromatic, used a newish brush on some Strathmore 400 series watercolor scrap with Daniel Smith paints. with a new to me brush found here. ( inlaid liner brush)

a closer look at the scene and the tip of that brush.

and its hot here, really hot so the clear water on the right side of the scene was totally dry before I got to that second tree.

So, I decided that since it was dry here when this was shot I decided I could just add more paint over the top of the whole thing. 

Some browns and greens went in around the cabin /grounds and then the trees also received another layer of paints in the foliage. That's about it from me, if you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.




No comments: