7.07.2023

Inspired by { Hester & Cook }

 This week Kia has chosen the Hester & Cook site where I stopped at this table cloth. My friend at work gifted me a year or two ago with a huge pad of plaid papers from Hobby Lobby. ( I ripped up the book and sorted them by dominate colors so, I don't know the whole pads name anymore but, I'd guess they probably still sell it or something similar) ( doesn't everyone love plaid?) and it made me think of this paper and I decided that if I cut it down and let the background peek out it would be OK. and then it was you know very neekid with just the plaid on the background So I rubbed on some Distress Oxide along all the edges and that gave it a little more of a country feel to me so, I decided red meant I should do something Christmas-y and the top built it self from a few things near and on the table. 


 

The big tag die is from Poppy Stamps called Mainstreet pinpoint tags, The Ginger girl is an older Penny Black stamp done on some Strathmore 400 series water color paper with Versafine Acorn ink &  painted with Daniel smith paints. ( I cut her out with scissors) and then inked the backside of her with more vintage photo. ( it blends the white cut lines without running ink over the top of the paint) That Swiss dot ribbon is from Stampin up, the red heart button probably came from Joann's or Micheal's a long time ago. The candy cane die is from the Cottage Cutz Santa Gnome with Christmas tree set the With Love is from lili of the Valley sentiment tags set and the Hello Sweetie ginger tag is from lotv's Christmas recipe tags stamp set. ( I am pretty sure you can buy these as printing files but, that is something that just does not enter my brain as something to do, I am very much a reach for a stamp kind of a crafter so, I have been picking up their clear stamp on etsy. my really old stamps are rubber and I miss that but, these seem to be nice quality clear stamp so YAY. There is a bit of white gel pen on the ginger after the paint was dry and the natural hemp string is what is tying on the tiny tags and filling the button holes.  Of all the things, I do not remember who makes the tiny printed gingham the big tag was cut from anymore. The finished size of this card is A6 in real life, I hope you all are doing well & Thanks for stopping by. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers.


No comments: