7.22.2023

Inspired by and Dare to get Dirty starts

 This week the Inspiration is taking a look at Natures Jewelry (the challenge is here

Where I found this simple cuff bracelet and I knew I had this same thought in a stamp so, I had also received my recent IO order from when their dies were on sale ( I don't remember how long the sale is/was on for) but, I did pick up a little stack of the stitched edge ones including the Crazy Stitched set so, that was how this simple card came about. 

This is A2 in real life, the base is some Neenah millstone, the printed paper was a scrap and the sentiment was white. That crochet lace is from May Arts ( and it's old) the edges of everything has a bit of Distress Oxide Vintage photo ( what else is there right?) 

And today also begins the marathon otherwise known as Dare to get Dirty... I believe altogether there are just under 50 challenges and on today's line up I did play along in advance making a Christmas tag for Lori's first challenge seen here.


I am going through this phase of use some of the older things you have and neglected things you have to you know make things you will really use type of a mind set. This old stamp is from Penny Black called Santa Wishes and I had stamped it with some Simon Says Stamp barely beige ink and colored it with Copic markers. this had that no line coloring look but, I wanted it to be a little sharper where the stitch lines should be so, I ended up grabbing a fine line marker and adding them in after the fact.

Like so, and also grabbed a white gel pen for cheeks and highlights. I cut this panel out with a die from the Our Daily Bread Designs lavish layers set. ( I like that little peek a boo cut away along the edges) rubbed some (vintage photo DOX) on it.


For me the fun part of making tags is you can make them lumpy and heavy and collage-y as you want because, I never stick these in an envelope. they either get gifted out in person or packed on packages in boxes so, that is just a little fun thing for me. The printed reverse sentiment on the bottom is from Simon Says Stamp it's up on foam pop dots, that little metal prim star is really old from Making Memories, The foliage is a die from Penny Black ( cut two of them) from watercolor paper and painted with Daniel smith paints.) called Berry Branch. I think that plaid printed paper is Basic Grey cut with a spellbinders Shortie tag, there is cardstock glued to the back side. ( I have every scrap of that stuff squirreled away still. ( I use it but, I cut it even the tiny pieces) the stitched ribbon is from Stampin' Up! and the grossgrain is unknown, the tiny tags are from the Poppy Stamps mainstreet pinpoint tag set, and the larger one is from I have to look that up. The tiny tag has a SU itty bitty sentiment on it tied on with some Black Hemp string. 

I make it into a hobby lobby store about 3 times a year and right before I made this tag I had seen that they are still selling Stampabilities wood mounted stamps ( that surprised me) and I liked the font/size of this one so, that is what is stamped on the back side of the tag.  So far, from today's line up this is what I have done. If you'd like to check out the DTGD challenges your fan club membership needs to be active and you can find them all here. That's about it from me, hope your doing well & thanks for stopping by.



No comments: