7.14.2023

Inspired by { Carole Jarvis's Pinterest Boards}

 It's my turn to host the inspiration challenge this week and I had done a search using vintage stamp designer names that I knew I had to see what would pop and found this collection of boards curated by Carole Jarvis. I seen Thomas Kinkade, Debbie Mumm, Susan Winget, Charles Wysocki, Tim Coffey, Carolyn Shores Wright, but where I stopped was on the Barbara Mock board seen here.  And I realized I own some of her art as Penny Black stamps. So, I dug out this Nesting Topiary and stamped it with Barely Beige Simon Says Stamp ink on some Arches cold press watercolor paper. ( and I could hardly see it) So, I left the stamp on the table and attempted to do a loose watercolor of it and have it be use able.

the first snap shot. as you can see you may just catch the bird above the pot? ( it was one of the darkest parts) 

And I just kept adding more paint to it and pretty much ad-libbed what I thought should be where type of a thing as it didn't stamp perfectly or darkly enough to do it as seen on the index sticker. It is also 19% humidity here so, it pretty much dried instantly as painted and I just kept it sketchy and loose.

Where I stopped, I used a waffle flower A7 rectangle die to trim it down and inked the edges of both it and the Basic Grey green printed paper with some Distress Oxide Vintage Photo for depth. The base is some textured Bazzill at A7 in real life. I left off a sentiment as I do not know what I want to do with it yet. If you'd like to play along with with us you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. I hope you all are doing well, Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: