7.18.2023

Watercoloring Abstract Mini Paintings

 This week Angie has shared this video from Karen Rice on doing several small abstract paintings at once with the idea they will fit on cardfronts. 

So I taped off a piece of Arches watercolor paper with skinny-ish washi tape like in the video rather than the very wide masking tape I normally use.

I grabbed a derwent watercolor pencil and misted it with water. 

First layers of color 


Next layers.

added some bubble wrap to the center panel as it was wet.

added some splatters on the end panels.


So I had added crumpled plastic on the one here on the left and had removed the bubble wrap in the center but, I really could not see much texture from them. ( the humidity here is running between 17% - as much as a whopping 20% most days so, the paint was drying nearly instantly.


Added some white Dr. PH Martins bleed proof white and I had laughed at my self after it dried that instead of being abstract I may have got it a little wolverine claw marked instead. 

Pulled the tape off.

So, a long time ago there was a tutorial to do this fancy fold. and it was hard for me, seriously hard so when I finally figured it out I did a few of them. and I shoved them in a drawer, and I found them again when I went digging for some cardstock to make a base and decided to use one here. ( this is the far right panel) I did shoot this with my cell phone as because of the angle and the not flat ness it did not want to focus ( my real camera) and part of it is I have the window coverings shut to help keep the heat out so, its also a little darker than it really is. If you'd like to play along with us, you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.








No comments: