7.25.2023

Dare to get Dirty Day 4

 today opens up a challenge from Jeanne ( found here) and at the time I had read about her challenge I had received an order from The Greetery mostly dies) and So, I had this tag on the table when I started. I am thinking if I wanted to this could become a slimline card if needed down the line but, so far its still a tag.


I am not really sure "why" but this tag has a perforated end and I did cut that off with scissors. The Penny Black Par Avon stamp was watercolored with Daniel Smith paints.

I did add some stickles glitter glue to the hats when the paint was dry and DOX vintage photo ink along the edges.That sentiment is from the Mama Elephant Holiday Messages set.


The tiny tag at the top is a die from the Poppy Stamps Mainstreet pinpoint tags set ( the smallest tag in the set) and the sentiment is from Stampendous done in some tulip red versafine ink. the Hemp strings are natural and black colored. So, it is actually very flat and could become a card front easily I think.

I had some time last night waiting for tonight's watercolor sample challenge paint to dry and I remember about Bev's challenge ( seen here ) So I gave that a whirl also. 


I originally thought to stamp the sentiment on the background to do one layer but, I was not positive about getting a really good impression with this stamp ( its old) and so I did it on a second piece and cut it out with scissors. 

It was a little pale for me so I did take a black pen to it when the paint dried. and there is also of course DOX vintage photo ink along the edges to blend that white line from cutting. The tag it self I used a Tag Sale Quilted Tag Die from Papertrey Ink. the gingham ribbon is from Offray and the Burlap string is from May Arts. the tiny tag is also from Poppy Stamps and it's blank because, I tend to either put a monogram or a name on those tags when I give them away so, this is saves a step later closer to Christmas. There is a bit of red stickles glue on the berries above the heart on this also. That's about it from me, I hope you all are enjoying this week. Thanks for stopping by.




No comments: