9.13.2017

WOYWW # 432 {cleaned & Christmas}

Good Morning & Happy desk peeking day!
If you'd like to see more or play along the link up starts here at
 
 A little pile of images I had colored at work with my ( duplicate) pencils I have there, but I did not take that little blue zipper bag with me in advance so, none of the pigments have been melted as of yet. It's kind of funny because, I had fully intended to color up some fall- ish warm drink type images because, there is a fall coffee lovers hop starting this coming friday. but, what was colored was Christmas and Patriotic. ( I also have a tin of previously stamped images at work for just this reason to color during the hurry up and wait that happens there)

I have my limits to how long and how much disorder I can tolerate so, I hit the wall and had to clean up everything last weekend . I did make 2 cards after that one for the Inspiration Challenge and one (below) for the featured stamper challenge that will probably go to my mother in law next month. so, the remains of what was out on Sunday afternoon are still sitting here but, it won't take that long to clean them up to make the next mess. off to the left are a couple of images I had colored last week with some papers that may work for them on top of some things in progress that I ended up putting into clear sleeves. ( larger than say an avery elle pocket these are sleeves that would fit an 8.5x11" piece of paper without bending it) this particular view shows you some of the mess that hides under the table.

The featured stamper challenge headed to Rachel's gallery this week and I loved how she tucked the sentiment into this card so, that was the jump start for mine. on mine those wreath dies are from last years Hero Arts (sept) kit of the month. and there was such drama about people really wanting this set that did not buy it who were disappointed with the amount they had for sale ran out before those people bought them. I had this whole guilt thing going on and I set this kit aside and did not play with it. So, when I looked at Rachel's card I knew I had wreath dies hiding and I dug them out. I changed the stamps ( this sentiment is from Elizabeth Crafts) and the colors and switched the pearls for buttons. but, I think you can see the bones of her card here. Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh, well done on a good tidy up! I've just done the same today and am giving a lot of yarn and other bits and bobs to a local crafting group. That gardener quote on the card made me smile...it's so true!
Hugs LLJ 4 xxxx

Sarah Brennan said...

I'm a bit OCD about tidying up, so well done on your make over. Love that wreath card with the mix of textures and the way the sentiment is tucked into the wreath. Happy WOYWW and thanks for visiting earlier. Sarah #26

Helen said...

You'd not like it here one little bit... I love your card! Helen #1

Lindart said...

Love the way you made that card your own (and I like it better!). I get that way too about cleaning up, I can only tolerate so much (but it is quite a high tolerance level!). Thanks for your earlier visit, have a great week! Lindart #31

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. Thanks for your visit and your kind comments. Love that card. I like those colours together. I too would actually prefer to work in a tidy space - trouble is, I get on a roll, and just keep going, so everything piles up until the roll finishes! Then an ENORMOUS tidy up is necessary...
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacy, lovely Christmas card. Mmmm..... now cleaning up! I would love to be tidy one day! Have a great woyww and happy crafting Stacy. Thanks for the visit to mine too, Angela x16x

Heather M said...

Hi Stacy. My desk is tidied every Friday night, as I frequently have grandchildren visiting/ sleeping over. I love the holly leaves and gingerbread man. So much detail. Have a lovely week, Heather #30

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, yes I too get to the point of craft overload before I tidy, lol. Love the card, beautifully done. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 XxX

BJ said...

Super card, love the texture and layers. Know what you meant about a tidy up, although my desk is a permanent tidy one due to little action these days. Thanks for the visit. BJ#8

May said...

Gorgeous card, Love the design & colours... I too can only make so much mess then I need to stop for a wee clear up... Have a happy creative week ahead... I hope your sweetcorn canning is over now for you....May #15

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Such a fun post, love all your photos. Enjoy a good weekend