9.24.2017

Kirkland Inspired


I could not get my internet to cooperate last  night but, this is something I put together for the inspiration challenge yesterday at Splitcoaststampers. the site it goes to is a store I have never heard of called Kirklands. when I read that word I think "Costco" haha. anyways, I had received this Abundant Blessings September Sentiment set from Unity Stamps last weekend and I colored a couple of the flower clusters on Friday and seen this door mug shot on the store site and thought the way the flowers are arranged is kind of wreath shaped and then just added the layers of texture to continue it.

 The flowers were stamped with Versafine Vintage sepia ink on some Neenah Millstone cardstock and colored with prisma and Polychromo's pencils. there is some white gel pen on the little white tipped springs under the big blooms too.
The only real difference with the pencils is ( more colors ) I was perfectly happy with every single prisma pencil color for years (except, there was not enough pinks and greens to suit me) and then I kept reading about the polychromos leads being stronger. ( this is true, I am able to get and maintain a sharper tip on these and they blend with the prisma pencils just fine) so, to me it was mostly a way to increase the color choices I have.

On the inside of the card is this really old sentiment from SU's season of thanks set. The corrugate is from Die cuts with a view, the goldish printed paper is from Kaiser Crafts, the Lace is vintage, that skinny copper sheer ribbon over the top of that is a new one from SU. the sentiment was die cut with a small petite oval die from spellbinders and the bottom of the floral panel was cut with a newer die from Concord and 9th called select a size borders. This card is 6" square in real life.

The layers of texture shot I loved from the store. the funny thing about that store was I seen some pillow's I liked and they are all "sold out on line" ( this is an online store link mind you lol) which just makes me roll my eyes. Anyways, thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Stacy
Gr Karin

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful card! Love the gorgeous colors!
BTW - Kirklands is one of my favorite stores -- whenever I'm back in Indiana visiting family I always go!

Janice M said...

Stacy this is Gorgeous!! Love the lace and your coloring is awesome.

CherylQuilts said...

Stacy, I absolutely LOVE this card! Your coloring is fabulous, and what a great layout!! Hugs!