9.19.2017

A two-fer for {day 5}

 Good Morning and welcome to day 5 of the fall Coffee Lovers blog hop,  Where you can read all about how to play along and see more fun and beautiful projects.

Last year I was lucky enough to win this I love Tea stamp set from super sponsor Uniko. For this card I stamped the cup on some Neenah solar white with Avery Elle Vino pigment ink and then colored the cup with some prisma pencils. I was trying for that translucent look some cups have and may have gotten the bottom a little dark but, its also a different look for me so, I also on the other hand like how this turned out. This card is A-7 in real life. the mat under the stamped panel is the reverse side of the basic grey Kissing booth paper I used a Poppy stamps tailored stitches die for that scalloped edging. The mat under that is from the blush line. The base is PTI vintage cream.
A closer look, I wanted to add the heart image to a tea bag tag and I had come across this tiny circle in the Sizzix Tags and words set, So it was also stamped with the vino ink and then I color dusted some distress tea dye ink along the edges of the tag. this has some scrappers floss through the hole I think this tag is too small for even a bitty staple and I cut a slit into the top of the cup with an exacto knife to tuck the strings behind the stamped panel. there is one tiny foam pop dot under that tag to keep it in place as I only stamped the front side of it.

 So, this is a two-fer kind of a day... I have way more fun things to play with than 7 days worth ha ha. so, here is a recent happy mail from Your Next Stamp, its called Java Geek.  
I just think this is so fun and so silly. the elements chart was stamped and then diecut with a MFT pierced fish tail die and I cut off the vertical sides with scissors. then layered this to the scrap that was run through a Cuttlebug wicker weave folder. Now, I had intended for this to be a A2 card but, I knew I wanted to tuck in the go cup and because, I had centered the stamping it made the cup over hang, so I ended up diecutting all those layers (including the original cardfront) with a simon says stamp stitched rectangle die, and layering this to an A-6 base so, the edges of the cup are still on the card.

I had paper pieced a scrap of paper bag card onto the white go cup and then stamped the glasses and then cut that out with scissors before I stamped the glasses a second time on just white card to remove the krafty color from the inside of the lenses. (its easier to me than trying to color over the color with a gel pen) you can kind of see the bottom layer under from this angle. I also added some diamond glaze to the glass lens but, I don't think that photographed very well for me this time. You can click on any photo in this blog to see an enlarged one and use your browsers back button to continue reading.
Anyways Happy Tuesday! and thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Both wonderful project, I love how your colored the cup on the first one and it's so pretty! And the second one is really cool! Thanks for sharing.

Karen Letchworth said...

Wonderful cards, Stacy. I love the pink pastel feel on the first one. Great job!
Karen

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love the way you shaded the pink teacup ...it looks gorgeous
Cheers
Dr Sonia

New Creations said...

Both are superb, especially love the shading in the pink cup!

Becca Yahrling said...

The first card is so deliciously pretty! Love the red cup and gorgeous paper. The 2nd card is so fun; love that Java Geek - so adorable.

~amy~ said...

both of your cards are wonderful! Your first one is so pretty, awesome coloring and your 2nd card is so much fun!

Lori Turner said...

Both awesome cards, I love the cup on the first one - great coloring!

Fikreta said...

both cards are gorgeous!

Janice M said...

Wow your really on a roll Stacy! Love that "Scrabble" card a lot!

Ann said...

Adorable cards. Love the details on each one.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both cards are wonderful.

Lisa said...

Love both of these! Gorgeous with the beautiful floral and that cup is just awesome the way you colored it! And adorable little nerd coffee card!

Arianna Barbara said...

Both your cards are adorable!!!

Shanna Slater said...

Both cards are wonderful....That coffee geek card made me laugh out loud!!! Definite addition to my wishlist

Thanks for sharing!
~Shanna
www.caffeinatedcraftiness.wordpress.com

Hetty said...

A beautiful and a fun card. Love the top card with it's beautiful background paper and beautiful cup.