9.03.2017

A few simple Christmas cards

 So, since I had the trim a tree die out the other day for the screen card I cut up a few more scraps in the process and made a little forrest of these trees... and this evening a few of them went onto simple cards. I found all the sentiment previously stamped and diecut in baggies in the organizer I have for those things. these particular ones are from Our Daily Bread Designs Christmas tunes set.

 This one that ribbon/trim is fairly thick so, the bits wrapped around to the back of the green panel made the whole panel need to have foam pop dots on it. This card is A-7 in real life.

 On this version the sentiment has a thicker pop dot under it as it was tied to the burlap string knot on the other end. it's also an A7 card in real life.

 So, I found these Ellen Hutson diecuts I had cut and tapped together (on the backside) sometime a while back in the sentiments stash and thought oh, you could add trees to those really easy
( see below) but, on this one when I came across this glittered MME print I thought, this looks good to me just like this. so the sentiment panel is up on foam dots and this one is 6" square in real life.

This one I did add a tree and the yellows are not so vibrant in real life. but, this was shot after dark and the photo editing picked it up as a bolder color than it really is. that tree is a pale teal color actually. I did think about re-shooting it in the daylight but, I would rather just make more cards and keep moving forward. and I figure most of the people reading this post are familiar with these papers and know what I mean.
I think that the whole knuckle-down and get things made for the booth syndrome has started to kick in so, I am sure most the posts following this will all continue this way with multiple projects in the uploads.

1 comment:

Janice M said...

Love the colors on these! Your really knocking out those Christmas cards. Can't believe how fast this year has flew by.