10.17.2016

Christmas Fallidays items

 This was done for Lee's challenge seen here to do snowy / frosty leaves. So, I puttered around about this one in my head for a long time. And I happened across this marvy snow pen that I had never played with. It finished looking like those old liquid applique things, but its format is more liquid than that so, the waiting time to heat and puff it was shorter.  It's also more of a cream than a brilliant white so, I kept this on the rustic side. ( I also hit the leaves on the bottom right corner a tad too long and cooked them) but, it just adds to the distressed look. the printed paper did warp being heated behind these leaves as I had it all glued in place before I daubed the stuff on. ( I used a scrap and made a puddle with it and used the tip of the pen like a paint brush to get it where I wanted it) So, the panel is up on foam tape to give it some Oomph and help straighten out a few of the warps.

 A closer look at the "snow" . The holly die is from Penny Black called red and green, the Sentiment is from Hero Arts. the printed paper is from Authentique. and this one finished out at A-7 in real life.



 Now this was done for Teresa's mood board inspiration  challenge seen here. 
 So, this is a little of this and a little of that from the mood board in Teresa's challenge. I had originally thought to make this a big tag and did cut a Mama Elephant big tag from the insulation pink cardstock but, it was nearly the same sized as the scalloped panel so, you could not see the pink peeking out. This card ended up going into a clear box as it is pretty lumpy. I just tied the snowflake diecut on and that put that corner up as high as the ribbon knot so, there are 3 foam dots stacked under the center of the flake to give it a little closer of a height to the tied on corner.


A closer look at the angled (depth) view of this.

Now, this is what I did on sunday, Lydia had a tutorial challenge for making "marbled stenciled shaving cream backgrounds." (tutorial found here) and I poked around in my stencils and came to the conclusion that the majority of mine are very small highly detailed ones ha ha but I found these and was hopeful I could get some artsy streaky ones in the holes. I did start with the blue ones and I think I maybe over mixed the colors as I did them and I also tried a couple on non coated neenah milstone cardstock and what I found with that is the non coated paper if you scraped the shaving cream off while wet it did not drag the color as much as on the coated whisper white cardstock. So, the bird and leaves is unknown its green plastic, the waves is from Simon Says Stamp. and those used soft sky, not quite navy and bottle (adirondack) reinkers. the reds were done with Distress barn red, tattered rose & certainly celery (su) reinkers. And the scroll looking one is from Hero Arts doesn't that look just like that old break your teeth ribbon candy that people used to give out at Christmas time? that's what it looked like on the paper plate too. The flower is a Dalila from Club Scrap (the larger one) and I thought you know in these colors I think it can pass for a Poinsettia.

 A closer look at the bloom. the center has some Hero Arts dots on it and this was cut with scissors and is up on foam pop dots.

The crochet lace is not vintage but, I no longer remember where I got it from. ( its nearly a perfect match for certainly celery though. The base is bazzill and this one finished out at 5" square in real life.

5 comments:

Karin van eijk said...

gorgeous and beautiful cards Stacy
Gr Karin

Kia said...

Ooooo - beautifully done Stacy. Love them.

Janice M said...

Great cards Stacy! LOVE the card you did for Lee's challenge it's GORGEOUS!!

Karen Wyngaard said...

This is a very clever use for the Club Scrap Dahlia stencil. Your card is just gorgeous!

Julie said...

Stunning card using the dahlia stencil!!