10.07.2016

Celebrate the little things

 Sometime right after I had made the card I showed you all yesterday with the single letter in the Mason Jar. I had been skimming on pinterest and came across a shot of a shadowbox that was made for boot camp letters. ( of which I have a pile) and since all the stamps and powders were still out from the first card, this second card took shape really quickly because of it. So, that was the initial inspiration piece for this card. The letters are from the Sending a little note set, the Mason Jar is the larger one in the pair of two and the sentiment is from the Celebrate life set.


A closer look, the lid was heat embossed on a dark grey scrap with some ranger liquid platinum powder, the Jar was heat embossed with white on vellum cardstock and (both these pieces were just cut with scissors) the Letters were also done in the liquid platinum and the hearts were colored with a triliner pen. the Printed papers are from a Kaiser craft Home for Christmas pad and the outside woodgrain part is up on foam popdots for some depth to the "shadowbox".  I would have stuck this card into the same post with the others but, nothing in this particular one was from the October release and so, I decided to post it anyways just all by it self since this is one I love how it turned out because, I am very sentimental you know. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

A Place for Kia said...

I love this Stacy - that frame is fabulous and I love the textures you have on this.The sentiment is beautiful - I was awe struck when I read it and saw the little envelopes.

Unknown said...

Beautiful post, Stacy. So glad you made this even though you thought it might be similar to your other...it is a beautiful idea! Thanks for sharing!