So, I was messing around with this holly die from Hero Arts last night and thought it would make some cute embellishments for that December album and cut a few extra's just because I had everything out and then started pushing around some scrabble tiles and kraft doilies and the doilies and tiles were just about an exact match color wise...So I had posted a photo on instagram about this and people had cool suggestions of how to add some contrast.
and this is how some of them got used. ( I still have one of each color for the album if I want to figure out where to use them) and what I did to these tiles was I sanded them then drug them across some distress ink pads. then blotted them. then hit them with a heat gun... they are still not completely dry yet. So, they are parked in front of a heater hoping maybe tomorrow they will be dry. ( the red seems to be staying wet longer than the brown) These are Size 8 Shipping tags that were cut down to 5 1/2" long and sprayed with some distress old paper ( it ends up being a very pale green in real life)
now this was done simply because, one of the tile words I was pushing around was this one... the heart was done a while back when I sprayed this thin Recollections sheet music with the gold shimmer spray. ( it doesnt really dry either this rubs off even after all this time) its backed with a kraft cardstock diecut and edged with an krylon gold paint pen.
funnily enough the red on the shipping tag came from the box the tags were sprayed in... and I had started over with a new sheet to catch the mist in the bottom of the box but, I have used this box so much over the years the sides are probably in need of pages taped to them now.