1.25.2015

Saturday's Projects

Now this was a hard thing to do, which is funny because, it is so fairly clean.
It was done for the Saturday inspiration challenge which was to visit Angela Maine's Blog and learn a design idea. (and that is the card I chose) and what I learned is it's a lot of work to do clean and simple but, you already knew that one right? :) it's not that I cannot do it, but it is way more work to have a white card to me because, I make mistakes. ( always ) the thing with lumpy cards is you can cover that up. with CAS you don't have the same embellishment opportunities. So, this card took over 2 hours to do. I was a little surprised when I looked at the clock but, it happened like this.
I had a different swirl done in this same die cut pattern on the table from a blue background I had made a long time ago, and when I ran the first swirl through the original 510 Xyron machine I have had for 16+ years... it killed it, { I have been on my last thing of glue for this machine for a while now so, of course I had to try to squeak one more thing through it.} but, I do not have anymore of the what ever it was I had made I used for the original swirl. so, I found this shimmery scrap in the bin and thought it looked a little like the stream ink used for the sentiment but, have since decided if I were to do this over again I would for sure make that swirl a paler shade. ( it's too jarring color wise to me)  So, the good part that saved me even more time was I was gifted with a new Xyron machine a couple of HYCCT's ago and it has officially come out of its box which saved me from having to go to the store. and funny true story its GREEN :) (my favorite) my old one was gray. the birdcage is up on pop dots over a scrap that had been splatter sprayed with shimmery inks and the birds wing is also a scrap that was altered for some long ago project. The sentiment is an old one from Stampa Rosa. The base is an premade DCWV one. ( I am on a mission to use these things up) 


This was actually the first thing I made on Saturday... and I had these technique tuesday (love you) dies still on the table and cut a few with scraps and then decided this one didn't look too bad color wise with this tall mug I cut a while back. The words are up on pop dots. and so, it's just a simple one its A-7 in real life. 


The mix challenge this week is to pick a color... a single color. so, I picked red. the base is Neenah columns and the shipping tag was stained with some barn door and then the colorwash (red pepper ) was sprayed through the doily stencil over the top of that. to make it mixed media I actually used another never been played with thing I found in my closet is a few years ago ( I know I know) hubs gave me a package of multiple colors of sealing wax with a metal monogram for them. and I just never had a lighter upstairs.. so, when I was done making a circle to press into for that stamp I blew it out and did not move my hand fast enough or spin the square candle fast enough to keep it from dripping and got a couple goofs. and then decided it didn't look too bad so I left them. 

This was done for the Queen for the day challenge from friday they had picked Lee Murphy to be this weeks's queen. and let me tell you this was just as bad as trying to do something from Angela's blog. I have such a hard time trying to CASE something from someone's gallery when they are a person you are familiar with their talent. my usual survival tactic for the featured stamper challenge is to switch something to a Christmas theme. (that is an automatic change so, I only need to make one more change) but, for this one. I knew the first thing that comes to mind to me when I think about Lee is Pearls... so, I went looking for something with Pearls and found this one. and my other thing I am doing is trying to actually USE some of these things I have been collecting. so out came this die set
from spellbinders has cross dies in (4) sizes in the set, and all 4 were used here. there are layers of pop dots between them. each was die cut from a slightly different texture cream scrap. and the distress ink is antique linen. the pearls are from recollections and the center gem is from queen & co? something like that. That ended up being very thick. 


So, I thought you better build up the framing around it to protect it a little. this is actually in a clear box. the sentiment is from Hero Arts cut with one of those Mama Elephant slim tags dies and the other dies are all spellbinders. The printed papers are from Authentique and Daisy D's.
This is A-7 in real life. 



Done with some of the scraps on the table this one is 3" in real life. the sentiment is from SU. the heart is from Unity Stamps the larger diecut heart is the smallest primitive heart on the sizzix bigZ die. 

No comments: