3.05.2024

Watercolring Tulips

 This week Kia has shared this video seen here on YouTube by Joanne Boone Thomas called How to paint three watercolour tulips. 


I did sketch this to start with a water soluble pencil and painting over it mostly it absorbs the lines the paint does I mean. I do have the same orange and blue she shared in the video but, I switched the yellow to cadmium yellow medium.


 Second layers of paint added.


and a little more, I did erase the pencil lines that were sticking out and not absorbed. 


I did add a smidge more shadow to a few places on the stems before I cut this with a Memory Box curved cap pinpoint layers die. The base is a pre made Spellbinders A2 top fold card base ( its thin, think 80# weight maybe thin) but, I have a package to use up so, I thought a flat one layer on it would work. This photo was very hard to edit as red is just not a color that photographs well in my cave of a space so, there is that. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at SCS. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: