3.09.2024

Inspired by { The Inspired Room }

 This week Kia has shared the Inspired room site and pinterest boards where I came across this pin of a reading nook and loved the shape and instantly thought of this new Penny Black die All in One Hexagon I have that had arrived in the mail and not been played with as of yet. For the shaping of the frame in the seat, I cut one from some Arches watercolor paper thinking this would become a window seat and The die cuts all those texture details you see so, I taped it back together on the backside of the paper before I started painting.

The sun was shining the last two days when I came home from work so, this is a first layer of paints thinking I wanted to see flowers out the window I did a simple meadow.

I did add a few more "details" to the window here and then mounted it to some Neenah earthstone that finished out at 5 1/2" square in real life. It's not quite so yellowish in person either but, I am having a heck of a time with shooting colors the last little while. I think its all the over cast days. and or the waiting until the last minute before the sun sets to do them. :) At any rate I know I am going to have a lot of fun with this die it's so different them most of my others. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at SCS. Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: