3.12.2024

Watercoloring with Masking Fluid.

 This week Linda is sharing a video on using Masking fluid. So, the challenge is you may paint what ever you like and just using masking fluid along the way. 

So, I knew that I wanted to do something that would have petals with highlights and I first thought of doing an Hydrangea and then when I pulled out this old Stampin' Up Stipple Hydrangea flower stamp I realized it was probably too small scale wise but, this is what I did.

I started out stamping it on some Arches cold press with Simon Says Stamp beige ink but, that was too light, I could not see it so I over stamped it with Morning Mist versafine ink instead.


I had used the brush cleaner on the bristles of the wet brush before I used a bit of the Windsor & Newton masking fluid on the leaves and petals here. (You can click on photos on my blog and it will open them up larger and you can hit your browsers back button to continue reading) I also started messing around with paint colors on a piece of milk glass while this was drying.

First round of Daniel Smith paints. 

And  a little more. the one thing about doing such a small image is it did dry quickly, so adding layers of paint to this was not a long drawn out process. 

Third layer of paints

At this point I rubbed off the masking fluid, you can probably see that better on the larger leaves than on the few random petals.

I did add just a bit more paint to this after the masking fluid came off and this is where it stands now. I don't have a plan for this and it will probably end up in the little wooden bin of colored images on my table for a quick card down the road. If you'd like to play along with us, you can find this challenge here at SCS. Thanks for stopping by.








No comments: