3.15.2024

Inspired by { Polly P }

 This week Denise has shared Polly {Peeps321} Pinterest board collection as the Inspiration destination. I happened across this Sewn Easter Bunnies on her Sew Me board and just started to grin from ear to ear because, I had cut a little pile of these Sizzix Tim Holtz Cottontail Dies from Watercolor paper. And so, I focused on the Pink bunny in the center. 


Using Daniel Smith watercolors. 

When the pinks dried I added some Dr. PH Martins bleed proof white to the tail and the eye areas, it was very subtle. 

When that dried I decided to go over the eye with some black watercolor paint and that faded to grey of course.


Now, you may have remembered a few weeks ago the watercolor challenge was to do hmmm snow drop flowers? something like that. and I pretty much killed the paper from the first two attempts so I decided to see what would happent to one of the sheets since it was cotton I started just dumping more colors over the top of the flower background. There was a mixed media challenge a few weeks ago to make a watercolor background and this was as far as I got with that.


It dried like so, if you look close at the top you can see the stems of the snowdrops ha ha. So, I cut off a bit from the bottom of this panel and then used some Martha Stewart fringe scissors to make it blades of grass, then flipped the paper over and added more green paints to both sides of that strip, as it was drying I kind of scrunched it with my fingers like how you do your hair (when its long ) and you want waves. 


The background piece was wider than the size 8 shipping tag I was using as a base here. So I glued it down and cut the sides to fit the tag and then tucked those scraps into behind the bottom row of grass to give it more depth. ( the tag was run through the big shot inside a Penny Black Dot's and Dashes folder that was inked with some Distress Oxide Vintage photo ink. ( the stitched and French knot type textures on it was a nod to the idea that this started out jump started by a stitched piece) I dug out these tiny old mulberry flowers.

Decided to add a bit of white gel pen into the center of the eye and a little more black to the lid. I did add some Honey Bee Stamps vintage pearls to the mulberry flowers and a snip of Vintage lace across the bottom. The Gold shimmer and pink gingham ribbons are unknown off the top of my head. The cottontail die is up on foam pop dots on the tag and I did add a smidge more blue paint to the bow tie to give it some illusion of folds. 

The little justrite / spellbinders tag was tied on with some natural hemp string and inked with the DOX vintage photo ink also. All in all I am pretty tickled with how this turned out as my natural inclination is NOT do make pink bunnies. And I was impressed that I didn't make brown the dominate color either. ha ha right. If you'd like to play along with us, you can find this challenge here at SCS. Thanks for stopping by.





No comments: