3.24.2024

Inspired by Christena

 This week's featured stamper at Splitcoaststampers is Christena, where I found this cute cute Chicken coop card and started to smile from ear to ear. A little back story here is the very first time my husband took  me to meet his parents on the drive to their house he said in an off hand kind of a way. "Oh, you'll know if my mama is mad she throws skillets..." yeah, The funny part about this is, in all these years I have never seen her mad.

So not too long ago I came across this old Stampassions chicken holding a skillet on ebay. ( doesn't she give a visual to het up? eh) And as soon as I had seen Christena's card I knew I was going to do it. make a card for my MIL to give FIL when he is on her list..

I stamped her with some Versafine morning mist on Arches 100% cotton cold press watercolor paper and proceeded to use Daniel Smith paints to add some color to her. 


After a few more rounds of paints I used that Penny Black all in one hexagon die to cut out a pale blue scrap for a frame and a piece of dotted printed paper for the bulk of the frame, wrapped some vintage lace through the center and then popped up the top pale blue frame with foam pop dots. I stamped a sentiment from the very old My Favorite Things twisted foursome to be on the front. ( It reads The last thing I want to do is hurt you but, it's still on the list) and then I stamped one from the twisted threesome set that reads I love you more today than yesterday... yesterday you were just pissing me off. and that scrap was too wide for how much space I wanted around the sentiment so, I used a Spellbinders deckle die and cut it twice, once with the top portion to be lined up where I wanted it and then again to cut off more of the bottom so it could be a slimmer cut for inside the card. If that makes sense.


The outside sentiment was die cut with a Crelies X stitched rectangle die and that is also up on foam pop dots. I have not decided that I will totally give this to her or not as of yet, as Hubs thinks that at this point in time she might get pretty upset with it and not see the humor of it. That's about it from me, I hope your having a nice Sunday. Thanks for stopping by.




No comments: