3.26.2024

Celebrating 200 Watercolor Challenges

 This week marks the 200th milestone of the Watercoloring challenge on Wednesdays at Splitcoaststampers. I have no clue where the time goes but, I can tell you that my favorite things we have been painting along the way have been the landscape scenes. And that being said Angie has asked that we revisit one of the previous challenges this week. I started poking around in the line up of pages of challenges ( you can find them all here ) And I started thinking about this beach scene one that was hosted by Brenda for week # 48. ( you can find that here) I did hunt down the painting I had done which turned out to be this one. And then later on this one

And when I started what you see here, I had no idea that I had already painted this before several times. But, the same thought is still floating around in the back of my mind. This is a visible proof I guess that the practicing is paying off. 

So, this particular painting was done on Arches 100% cotton cold press paper with a combination of Daniel Smith & Holbein watercolors with a bit of Dr. PH Martins bleed proof white and Windsor & Newton white gouache.

First rounds of wet on hmmm damp paints. 

Added some white gouache knowing it was still damp and it would fade in.


Started using different brushes for some texture to mostly the water and sand area's. 

Added in some birds and grass clumps.


Decided that line at the shore was a little too white so, I mixed some grey/brown to diffuse it a little I guess, added more details to the grass sprigs. 

Pulled off the masking tape and roughed up the edges of the paper to mount it to some shimmery pale blue cardstock on foam tape. This one finished out at A7 in real life, I did leave off the sentiment but, I think when I get around to adding one to it, if I do it to the front It will probably be placed where the watermark is on this one. Thanks for stopping by, If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at SCS.





No comments: