3.29.2024

Inspired by {Mackenzie Myric Studio}

 This week's inspiration destination was suggested by Angela Bode Ohmypaper! and I spent quite a bit of time admiring the line drawing art seen on the web site and I ended up eventually settling on this pin of a cute frog snapshot. I liked how the frog was tucked up inside and the colors. It gave me a nudge to dig out this old Stampassions Dianna Marcum stamp called Don't worry be hoppy. and when I first stamped it I did consider leaving it as line art as a nod but, I wanted to color it so, I ended up stamping it on some Arches Cold press watercolor paper and painting it with Daniel Smith paints. When the paints were dry I did add some white gel pen to the eyes and a bit of Nuvo crystal glaze to the pupils of the eyes and the dots and head of the lady bug. 

The mat under that is some old I think Basic grey print that was cut with an Impression Obsession crazy stitched set rectangle and the gingham is unknown. The green sheer I think is Old Olive and the base is some textured generic Bazzill ( The thin new stuff) This is 6" square in real life. I thought about tying on some secondary sentiment to the ribbon but, so far have resisted the urge. I had the idea that doing the sheer camouflaged some of the business of the pot pattern. These colors are once again a little off. I guess I am going to have to figure out what setting I messed with on my camera to get them back to closer to what they should be. That's about it from me, If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at SCS. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: