3.22.2024

Inspired by { Rent the Runway}

 Happy Friday people, This week Amy has chosen Rent the runway as the Inspiration destination. So, I peeked at their Pinterest boards and the second thing shown is a slim long Red gown. And pretty much everything I opened after that was same thing you know clothing and such. And I knew I had dress stamps and Since my brain kept seeing the red gown that is the way I went. I dug out this old Stamps Happen Divine Silhouette Stamp by Emily Adams and stamped it with some Morning Mist Versafine on Arches cold press watercolor paper.

And I proceeded to give it a red wash with some Windsor & Newton red and then when that was mostly dry I did add some Coliro Pearl ( the red-ish one) over some of the detailing. The shadow is Daniel Smith Moon Glow.

I ended up cutting it out with scissors so that the panel I (red riding hood red)  die cut with a Pink Fresh Slim Stitches die could peek out around it. The base on this one is some Textured Bazzill and the slimline die was longer than the A7 base so, I just cut it to fit across. And then I decided the shimmery pearl paint was not so obvious and I added some Christmas Stickles glitter glue in a few spot along the hem and necklines. I am not sure what I am going to do with it yet so, there is no sentiment added on. 


 

It's so hard to photograph red. The actual color of this is somewhere between this too dark shot ( camera) and the too washed out versions from the cell phone snapshots) At any rate I do like how this turned out. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at SCS. Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: