11.13.2016

Star Christmas cards


 Today's featured stamper Jen has this many layers of texture Star card and I loved that, so this card was a jump start based on it. Changes were to use only paper for the textures and to use the string to tie on the sentiment instead of for stitching.  The stitching on mine is faux from the MFT die and the sentiment ( Hero Arts) was cut with a Mama Elephant slim tags trio die.

 The navy corrugate is from Fancy Pants, the kraft is from PTI. the gingham was a scrap and the background print I think may be echo park? ( its from one of the Christmas pads from a couple of years ago) This one finished out at 5" square in real life.

 And since I had it out... this one the stars are cut with a MFT die, the Peace is from PTI, and the Hearts are from Sizzix. That ribbon is from Micheals ( I bought it last year but, they have it again this year in my store)  The corrugate is from Fancy pants and there are foam pop dots under the Sentiment diecut to prop it up level. This one is 5 1/2" square in real life.


The dictionary page is actually from a vintage book. ( I have a few copies I have picked up at yard sales for quarters that were all dog eared and losing pages already so, it is not a mental hardship to tear pages out of them)

3 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!!

Robin Clendenning said...

LOVE the star with the heart!! Love your other one too! Love the corrugated stock...so amazing!

Janice M said...

Oh now I really like these for something different! Beautiful cards!