11.03.2016

Birthday's & Thank-You's!

 Good Morning, my studio has gone into serious produce things quickly for the booth to fill up those baskets, tray's and suitcases for the next couple of weeks so, I will have posts with multiple ideas in them for the next little while. This one was done (because, I really need more Christmas cards) you can see that right? that the can being gingham and paper pieced onto the wood grain would become a rustic watering can display right? ( and then the more I looked at it the more I thought this needs to be a Birthday card instead.) The can & flowers are a single set from Two Paper Diva's called Bloom Wildly. and this sentiment is from the new Everyday sentiments 4 set. This ribbon is from May Arts, the gingham print is from Authentique "wonder" pad, the wood grain is from My Minds Eye, the Cream is from Papertrey ink. the oval was cut with a simon says stamp stitched die and the sentiment was cut with a nellie snellen tags 3 die.

 A closer look, the Flowers were colored with water based markers on the Neenah cardstock and the centers of the red blooms have some white gel pen on the dots and the centers of the gold blooms have some kaiser craft half pearls on them. This card is A-6 in real life.


 Now this is something I used to do a lot of and did not do too many this year along the way. 3X3 sized notes. And it was the first thing I thought of when I seen this grater inside the What's Cookin' set. I had once upon a time found these vintage metal graters and I used them as great big gift tags for a couple of our friends one Christmas a few years ago. Each of these graters were heat embossed with Ranger liquid platinum powder on either a double sided grey scrap or solar white smooth ( Neenah) with the dark grey because it is two pieces of 110 stuck together I found I could not cut the inside of the handle with a gryo cutter tool. so, I ended up taking the top corner off the right side of the bottom left grater and then heat embossed a second grater onto that white card to paper piece it into place. on the one stamped on white they are colored with a zig clean brush and the other dark grey ones have some white gel pen inside the ( under the handle) The bases on these are all textured DCWV card and the lacy edged one was cut with a spellbinders die. so, they are similar and not exactly the same.

This one also uses stamps from the What's Cookin' set. the grater, colander & whisk were all heat embossed with liquid platinum powder, the spice jar was embossed with Stampin stuff terra cotta powder, and the bowl was embossed with SU old fashioned olive powder. These were colored with Caypso Coral, Bordering Blue & Peeled Paint markers. The crochet lace is from May Arts, the stripe paper is from the jillibean soup Christmas eve pad, The sentiment was stamped on some papertrey ink cream and die cut with a conversation bubble die. This one is also A-6 in real life. And each of these sets are still in stock as I linked to them this morning. The percent off sale comes off automatically and you do not need a code to take advantage of it. Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy, these are adorable, and I really LOVE the little watering can with flowers! Wow, I love paper-piecing, and what great paper! Sweet flowers and coloring too. Love this little grater and the other kitchen tools. Sweet sets!! Hugs, sweet friend, and start churning these out! You are surely a card-making machine! xoxo

Janice M said...

Your watering can card is Gorgeous Stacy!! I LOVE it!

Unknown said...

You have been a busy girl, Stacy! Fun cards all of them but I love that paper pieced watering can!