10.17.2015

Hope you can cling to {day 17}

Today Lori's HYCCT challenge is to do an Ombre Technique.  and funnily enough, I have never tried this. So, this card you see with the justrite butterfly was actually card number 2. I color washed some Gansai watercolors down a sheet of fabriano textured paper. ( and it curled right up into a tube) but, fortunately flattened out as it dried. the Butterfly was stamped (lots of times) using the Misti. the sentiment is something I picked up in VA from stampendous. this one is A-2 in real life.

So, this was my first attempt, I stamped the Unity ship and then tried dragging the color up and down from an horizon line. ( it really looks OK with this image but, it really didnt have an Ombre effect either from what I had seen of the tutorial so, I did the card above.) This one is also A-2 in real life. The colors were distress inks on a clear block dragged with an aqua brush. I think it works better to go across the whole sheet at once rather than stopping for an image too.

No comments: