12.07.2013

Random Christmas stuff


There is a challenge on Thursdays as SCS that is called ways to use it and this weeks challenge was to use book page on the project. and so, I thought that is cool but, I knew I would not be able to see enough to color at night after work so, I picked a solid stamp that could be embossed, then the embossing faded into that vintage dictionary page so, I added some antique linen distress paint to the words not the Christmas definition and that kinda helped but, the colors were still all too close so, I added the pearls and with just the white pearls you could not see them at all until the red stickles went on. It still looks a little plain and simple to me but, its one more card done. This one is 6" square in real life. I had ripped that pp off a Christmas pad sometime last month so, I don't remember who makes it anymore the trim is vintage and is machine stitched on. 


on Monday there was a do a red and white card for the Clean and Simple challenge and I tried haha but, the layers just kept coming so, I tagged this one for the fan Club monthly challenge ( which is things you'd find on a Christmas tree decorations card) the Memory box poinsettia is heat embossed on red vellum and neenah millstone and cut by hand, I have the die for this stamp but, I find it easier and faster to just cut it out. 


Variation on a theme, that sentiment was a free gift from my last Verve Order love the font. 


happy heart snowman from My Favorite things, ( isn't that adorable?) the sizzix doily die was done on a sheet that I had sprayed some tattered angels sea glass on and then the snowman was over stamped on that and colored with water based markers. The shipping tag was stained with some distress barn red and the pp is from Basic Grey. 


these snowmen are chipboard and I decided I really should try to use some of this stuff I have collected. and they are stained with some antique linen thinking to go rustic but, then had a time trying to decide where to put the face. the scarves are fabric. the hats are PTI felt. the body buttons are sequins and the eyes are kaiser pearls. 


okay its not a Christmas one but, its been in my to be uploaded folder for at least a month and putting it in here with these other things empties that folder.... sentiment is from Viva Las Vegas stamps, saving it for hubs hunting buddy who is also our dog sitter. 

No comments: