3.04.2013

VSN Main March 1st & 2nd.


This was done simply for the kids challenge ( good thing we are not being carded) and its A-2 in real life. tfl & Thanks for this challenge Marg. I have had this ladybug border stamp for a good 10+ years and never used it... so this particular VSN theme is making me use some stuff I "had to have" this one is stamped twice to fit across the card and there is some gel pen stardust on the wings.



This was done for Sabrina's Stinger in the tail challenge. The bee is from Peddlers Pack stamped on Neenah and colored with copic's. the sentiment's from Penny black and the edges have been pierced. this is 5X7 in real life. tfl & Thanks for this challenge!



Done for Meredith's 3-d birdhouse challenge. I had printed out this template from the PTI site and i realized as i was stamping it that I had probably scored it inside out and decided to leave it because, the fold here dots kinda look like faux stitching... this is tiny in real life. ended up wrapping a piece of vintage lace over the roof for texture there.


this is for Susan's B challenge, this card is blue, the image is from Penny Black and if you look closely at it, you'll see teeny Bee's flying around it. The gingham pp is from CTMH and die cut with an spellbinders die this panel is up on pop dots. the lace is vintage. Thanks for this challenge Susan!


This was done for Kim's black, bright and beautiful challenge and I guess my neutral got a lot of press time too... ( it happens ) the Caterpillar is from 100 Proof Press ( this is the first time in all these years its ever been used on a card) along with an catslifepress sentiment I love. This was stamped on an prestained avery key tag. the butterfly pp is from grapic45, the lace is vintage, the grosgrain is unknown, the base is PTI smokey Shadow. thanks for this challenge Kim! 


This darlin snail is from the paper and such co. set called melvin and susie. she's colored with copic's the printed papers are from an MME pad. the base is brushed silver. the pearl colors are "pearl" and pewter. the gemstones are from recollections. this is A-6 in real life. thanks for this challenge Lee!


This was done very quick and easy for Brenda's feathers challenge. came across this stamp while digging for feather stamps I know I own which happen to be hiding. and thought hunh, you've never used this stamp in all these years ( SU 2000) not sure on set name off hand. this is 3" square on a scrap of kraft colored simply with copic's ( no shading) and the savvy sentiment is done in Versafine. thanks for this challenge Brenda!


well, this was a hard one. not because, I dont like halloween or own halloween stuff but, for me halloween is all about the costumes... SO. here it is the Penny Black spider is heat embossed but, its one of those sketchy style images so it didnt bling it much. the red numbered washi tape is layered over some harlequin patterned washi and the arrow is pointing towards the 31... the nod towards halloween. the Sentiment was first stamped in versafine sepia ( which I broke this pad dropping it and I am like OMGosh we have to take a break and run to M's later and get a new one that is my most reached for pad) anyways it faded under the barn distress so, grabbed a marker and traced over it making it more chocolately. the brads are kinda dark brown too.
this is A-6 in real life. thanks for this challenge Melissa! 


This was done for Gwen's owls and owl sentiment challenge. this sentiment ( Unity stamps) came to me as an exchange gift from basketbrains many moons ago ( Thanks Stuffie!) The owls are stamped on kraft and colored slightly with copic's the brown pp is from basic grey and the pink I have to check the pad because, I forgot this is A-6 in real life on a pre made base, kraft button. some karenfosters scrappers floss. the sentiment was done in versafine on a scrap and used an square punch to make it a flag. thanks for this challenge Gwen!


These inchie tiles look like they were laid by a tipsy lush or something so I guess it fits the mugshots all tilted funny too. I used a precolored lockhart image for this and then added in the savvy sentiment because it was kinda wormy shaped. this is A-2 in real life, thanks for this challenge Tammie! 


Today I learned... I do not own the proper pens for doodling... so, anyways.. this was a pre stamped ( oldtownecrafts) butterfly that was outlined with an grey copic marker eeoons ago.... ( I didnt like it... ) and so, I like it better now with the doodling and the sentiment but, I stamped the sentiment in an ink that was too off so outlined it with the same copic marker as the doodeling but, it really needed a thinner pen. ( in brown) which I do not have. the pearls are queen and co. the lace is vintage and the gold ribbon is May Arts. thanks for this challenge Sandy! 


its probably hard to see but, the black dots are ranger enamel accents and its a real booger to use, way goopier than the liquid pearls, I have black trails I tried to scrape off this image ( this is the third attempt mind you shot this wet too) and so... its from SU sticker proclaims its from 2007 and the rubbers purple is all I can tell ya. the white doily is a martha stewart one, this is 3" square in real life. thanks for this challenge Angie, 

This was done with pre stained cheesecloth and an pre-colored image for Michelle's cheesecloth challenge.
this is an Kraftin Kimmie mermaid ( I have to hunt for the stamp name later minds blank) sentiments from rubber soul. this cheesecloth came to me as an rak from Catcrazy ( thanks Janice!!) and then I stained it a while back with some tattered rose and barn red reinkers in water. there are some bitty rhinestones in the bubbles leading out of the box. this is A-6 in real life.


This is very hard to see I guess being tiny but the butterfly that is colored blue with pencils has diamond glaze on it that is cracked. magenta butterfly border and Gina K sentiment. the shipping tag was stained previously and the ( I lost my notes for this tag will edit later) but, you know me. what ever was in reach that looked right was glued on. thanks for looking.


This one may be easier to see, the jar of bugs is covered with diamond glaze and cracked. the gal ( High Hopes) was RAK'd to me many moons ago from Anemone (Thanks Chickie!!) She is colored with copic's, the stamp on the front is from stampendous and the stamp on the inside is from Penny Black. the printed paper is My Minds Eye and the base is bazzill this one is 6" square in real life.


done for Mary's nest challenge. this is an old old SU border stamp ( sticker says 1997) but, I dont remember its name anymore, done in versafine on Kraft added in the Impression Obsession sentiment tied on some raffia and the image has a tad of markers with some blue liquid pearls on the eggs. this is A-2 in real life. 


This is an Impression Obsession image that was rak'd to me from Leibetty (Thanks Leigh Anne!) a while back and I have colored it with copic markers and some glittery gel pens and such... and then I read about Kim's challenge about having your 'shine with a scene... and for all the cute bugs I have already colored in the tin this was the only one with a "scene" So... here it is... this is A-6 in real life with no sentiment. 


the scrap for the blinds was used because, it looked like old doilies and the rest of the card was built from there. I read the tutorial a long time ago printed it out ( lost it ) and did this just winging it. my blinds look better down than up. The sentiment is from Stampendous.


This was done for Ky's mini blind challenge. mostly done with scraps. the lighthouse image has seagulls flying around it. I stamped and colored this a long time ago so have to find the stamp to figure out MFG info... this is A-6 in real life. 

No comments: