3.11.2013

Swallowtails Continued


you can click on the photos to see them larger, this was stamped with some ivy memento on soft sky and colored with copic markers and a white gel pen.

the dotted pp is from K & Co.  this is 5 1/2" square in real life, the butterfly is only attached to the card on the body so the wings will flap if the card is tilted. the cream lace is vintage, the brown came to me in an wishrak exchange gift from c-mouse ( thanks Pansy!) 


funny true story 'cept this one was stamped with Not Quite Navy on soft sky, this uses exactly the same copic markers as the card above plus one darker brown... This one is 6" square in real life with some Memory box printed paper and an Cuttlebug folder. Vintage lace of course. this one elastic.


Pool Party embossing powder on Kraft... now this one was also colored with copic markers. and no shading. the shaded parts are where the copic marker faded the color of the embossing powder.  ( so this was the fastest one of the batch posted in the last little bit by me) 
Vintage lace came to me via an wish rak exchange from c-mouse ( Thanks Pansy!!) the printed papers are websters pages. this is 6" square in real life. 

I am getting ready for a spring craft show so doing a lot of very ( similar to me ) cards that are still OOAK. this version was heat embossed with some cheetah powder on kraft cardstock and colored with copic's and a white gel pen. the sentiment's from Hero Arts. the lace is vintage and this one's 5 1/2" square ( just has an envelope big enough for a 6" card to catch the over hang.

A closer look at the wings, the cheetah powder is a mix of gold and rust and maybe some yellow colors. did ya know you can actually mix your own powders? I used to take time to do that, spoonful of this and that and you just need a container to save your creation in when your done. this was a store bought color from way back when though. but, it gave me the idea to do that. so I do have containers of custom mixed powders.

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card,Beautiful coloring...

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Stacy, SUCH gorgeous work! WOW!

Linda Palmer said...

Stacy, these are all gorgeous. I can't say one is any prettier than another, all are perfect.

Stamping With Bibiana said...

OMG Stacey these butterflies are fantastic...I have now to get one ...the coloring is amazing..thanks for sharing and once more great that you do all these different pictures...what a work!!!
thanks for leaving me a comment at SCS on my Shamrock fold...hope to see you at my blog..bye Bibiana