5.14.2008

a long time no posts...

the weathers been mostly mild so, when i have been inside i have been stamping images for the pay it forward swap at splitcoast... Which is where i received this bluebird (stamps happen) Ive wanted this for a long time, but the stamps from them are always seem to be a little on the spendy side so it was fun to find this on Stamp&Weaves List... ( Thanks so much!) This card is 4 1/2" X 6 " in real life, the sentiments from A Muse. The cardbase is soft sky, the natural cardstock was run through the stylized flowers embossing folder. the darker blue mat (textured) is DCWV.
I think i got the colors right, not sure on breast feathers but probably close. (we don't have many true blue birds in town, mostly blue jays) with 9 bird feeders in the yard it really shocked me since the last time I had my sound processor adjusted just how noisy these birds really are.
I know your laughing at that one too...
So a few years ago i had the bright idea i would systematically make a zillion Christmas cards exactly the same... I got way burned out before i got to the end of the pile of cardstock i had cut up for that venture... so a few months ago i stamped the PSX peace on earth image and cut and color dusted the edges... but its a pain to color... so i thought it doesn't look half bad uncolored. and i am putting all 31 of them into my cards for the troops donations box instead of tossing them...
Speaking of tossing them, i am on a waste cardstock record levels set week. this one was done, it was made me happy to view it, an it now has coffee spilled on it. so i tried to save it by color dusting some antique linen distress on the edges of the main panel but... no dice, i can still pick out the coffee first...
So, now i am starting over from scratch with her... Does anyone know if the part around her boot on the foot rest is supposed to be colored? I'm thinking it should be open...
this view shows the bling of the stardust gelly roll pen. ah well i have a month to get this right. wanted it for my Aunts birthday ( shhh she's 50+ and has a blue Harley) I ordered this stamp today (along with lattebella) but, it will be a month before i see them, they are made in Canada. This Image came to me via wish rak at split coast... :)

3 comments:

Deb Wood said...

This is great, i can't wait for mine to come. It looks fabulous, just the way you've done it! No way to cover up that little tiny spot!!

SueB said...

Stacy, rather than coloring the entire Christmas card collection, methinks I'd recommend JUST coloring the cardinal in a bright red to make him POP!
Love your blog - it's on my Google Reader acct.

LindainNCtoo said...

Gorgeous cards, Stacy.

I love the shades of blues that you used on the different cards!