2.13.2024

Watercoloring a Island Reflection

 This week it's my turn to host the water coloring challenge and I have chosen this one from Julia Lis Art found here on YouTube

I tend to keep cut pieces of watercolor paper in a drawer on the table and I picked up this one and I figured out fairly quickly it was a piece of not so great paper. There were challenges a few weeks back that encouraged using up some of the not so great papers in the stash and evidently this was a piece of that. 


this was what it looked like wet. 

Its probably easier to see it dry. So, that being said I instantly started another panel with Arches cold press 100% cotton paper.

started with some very watered down shadow green.


After the first layer dried I did start adding trees and the island. 


I did try to keep the reflected trees not as vibrant or crisp thinking that the reflections I have seen in real life were actually more loose than this but, this is what I remembered seeing in the video. I also left off a lot of the birds. I love seeing birds in scenes but, I thought there was just too many for my tastes.

So, it finished like this and then I did turn it into a birthday card for Hubs who will have one soon. 

I did cut the panel with the largest die in the Simon Says Stamp wonky stitched rectangle die and then wrapped some natural hemp string around the bottom to tie on the Sentiment strip. That sentiment is from the Altenew Birthday greetings set stamped with some Versafine ink on Neenah solar white. The base is some very pale green textured Bazzill and this one is A6 in real life. If you'd care to play along with us you can find this challenge here at SCS. Thanks for stopping by.




No comments: