2.18.2024

A catch up Post

 I am getting really bad about not either blogging things that were made for not team challenge samples or just random things. So here is some more eye candy for your Sunday. I did do an order from Red Lead Paperworks stamps not too long ago and I was totally tickled to see how they packaged everything. 

Everything was tied off with the ribbons and that box, its hand stamped. very cool 

The inside of that box contained the wood mounted stamps I had picked up from them. 

Sometime after that arrived, I had seen that Polly was asking for humor cards for a Ways to use it Challenge And I had received a few silly Diamonds sentiments that leaned towards the snarky side of get well in the mail that week so, The sponge one was one of those and when I opened the drawer with people in it to get the operating room ( also from Diamonds) I seen this old Art Impressions Nurse right next to them so, out she came and The sentiment on her card is from Riley & Co.

I snagged a piece of this white crepe paper ( hobby lobby) to use thinking of curtains but, wanted to keep these simple so, I just stamped them with Versafine on some Neenah cream and die cut those panels with the Impression Obsession Crazy stitched set rectangle (it's one of Anna Wights) used some grey scraps for contrast and called it good enough. 

Today there is a featured stamper challenge going on at SCS and Shelly's gallery was chosen. Right off the bat this pretty blue card caught my eye. I felt really at home with the design, and knew I could use it as a Sketch type inspiration. and then a little farther down the first page I seen this Santa card and thought ah ha. So, I kept the colors and the Christmas theme of the Santa card and tweaked the layout of the Blue card to do this one. 


A look at the layers and depth. The bears eyes were done with black liquid pearls. ( that's not the right name will grab the bottle but, its a ranger thing that dries very glossy and 3-d)


The base here is a premade A2 one and the Sentiment is from Impression Obsession also one of Jeanne's sets called Christmas coffee sayings. Its stamped on another of Anna's IO dies ( the original sized pinked stitched banners) and that is tied onto the sheer ribbon with some natural hemp string. The cocoa bear is on a Die cut from the Penny Black Posted die ( I like the simplicity of this one, most of my postage dies are more detailed and have lots of stitching or piercing and such) I did add a transparent heart button to his scarf and some pop dots under his arms to hold the cocoa. ( really I know people who have some coffee with their cream ;) so, the coffee sentiment still works here) Added some white dots over where I had thought to add pink to his cheeks. I thought he turned out pretty cute. I have been pushing around a small pile of cocoa bear pieces for a couple of weeks now trying to decide if I liked the browns together. Which made me end up inking most the edges with some DOX vintage photo ( of course right) just to tie them together a little better. That's about it from me, Thanks for stopping by.





No comments: