2.24.2024

Another flowering Boot

 So, I had it really bugged me the boot I tried last weekend and I had more time to play today and thought try it again while the ( next week's sample) is drying.


So this time around I grabbed an old Sizzix originals boot die and cut one out and then used the drop piece as a stencil to trace a boot shape on some cold press watercolor paper like so.


 I also never seem to be able to mix "pretty" pastel colors with my Daniel smith paints so, I dug out these Prima ones I have that almost seem like Gouache. ( they are not so translucent as DS paints) but, are in pretty colors.


Added more paints and blooms and such each time it dried.


Well, I thought the boot was dry. So I stamped an old DOTS / CTMH sentiment on this with some rainforest ink and it bled on the boot. So, I had at that time white Dr. PH. Martins bleed proof white wet on the blooms and leaves so, its just sitting like this, not sure it will go any farther. If you'd like to play along you can find this challenge here at SCS. thanks for stopping by.


No comments: