11.11.2020

WOYWW # 597 {gift sacks}

 

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 
So, there is a coffee lovers fall/winter blog hop going on now, and there is also Fallidays challenges happening at SCS. some of my previous entries are in the posts before this one.  I always need a pile of gift card holders for work turkey cards. ( they are really gift cards to a one stop shopping place that even has a gas station) because, in the past employees were sent home with a turkey at Thanksgiving and at Christmas and one year we received a turkey that was bigger than our oven. Yeah, for a long time now we have just gone the gift card route. I had seen there there was a make a gift card holder as one of the Fallidays challenges and I started doing these last weekend from a die that I had not played with previously ( I don't think)  but, I had no time to mess with them on Monday so this is a Tuesday when I got home shot and yes, I deliberately left it looking like this since then just to have something with more texture than my glass mat to shoot for you all ha ha. The washi tape is a recent birthday gift from Cortnie that I had opened yesterday as the shop trucks are rotating through tire places and the dealerships for tires to be swapped out for winter studded ones and oil changes and I took some scraps and skinny dies to work Monday with the intentions of cutting some in the slow times but, forgot to haul down some washi tape so, a roll of that went to work yesterday ( and no, I did not have time to cut any) but, today is one of the days I will be there without my truck so as a captive audience I just may cut some bitty memory box to-go coffee cups. I have an idea for them to use as ornaments on a tree and I really don't know if it will work but, that's one of the ideas floating around in my brain while I was wishing I was at home from work. It is Veteran's day in the US today and I have an idea of what I want to do when I get home again so, hopefully I can get this mess moved out of the way first.  And the most exciting news is I signed the contract for the fiber line install yesterday so, hopefully I will have a count down to install it date soon. That's about it from me, stay safe out there and thanks for stopping by.
 

13 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Work turkey?? When I read this at first, I thought, that’s no way to talk about your co-workers!! ;-). Only kidding, the vouchers are a great idea and you won’t have any turkey size issues anymore, lol. The coffee lovers/fall challenge sounds a great idea, can’t wait to see what you come up with for that. And your desk is look fun, thanks for leaving everything on there so we can have a good snoop around!
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

Robyn said...

Your desk looks comfortably busy. I hav got say I am tired of orange!
robyn 26

Crafting With Jack said...

Your little bags look great. That must have been one big turkey! Happy WOYWW Angela #29

Helen said...

you're having a fun time on your desk today! Gift cards sound a much better way to go than huge turkeys! take care, stay safe. Helen #4

Spyder said...

Well, there's a very busy desk that needs a lot of snooping Little bags look great (I thought they were little book at first) Have a great week Stay Safe
Happy WOYWW

((Lyn))

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Least you don't have to worry about the Turkey being too big this year, vouchers seem on everyone's mind this year as we in the UK just don't know what's going to be allowed come Christmas.
Good news about signing the deal, hope it all gets fitted and is up and running in super fast time. Hope you get chance to clear you space for more crafty time very soon. Best wishes on Veterans day & Happy WoywW Tracey #8

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That sounds like a big turkey but vouchers are a better idea for sure. Desk looks as though it's just waiting for your return, I just imagine you stopping to take the photo and then back to the project. Wishing you a lovely creative week and a happy woyww, Angela x15x

Sarah Brennan said...

Great idea for the lovely voucher holders Stacy. Hope fibre doesn't take too long to get installed for you. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, vouchers are such a good idea, one year I was given a turkey from work, then Doug was given one from his work, and finally in his works Christmas raffle, he won----- yes, you've guessed, a turkey! 3 blasted turkeys, only three of us for Christmas dinner too. Good job we had some freezer space, lol. Hope you get all your cutting done, Autumn(Fall) isn't really something we particularly celebrate over here. Stay safe, have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 X

Julia Dunnit said...

Sorry I’m late! Crikey, a turkey too big for your oven...must have been huge, and oh gawd, all that extra butchering to do...I think you’re so right to use gift cards. I love the paper patterns and colours you’re using. More, I love that you’ve got the next idea floating around in your head even as you finish these....you se so creative. Am excited for your finer connection!,

Ellie said...

You keep giving me ideas with all your crafty creations. Lovely gift bags!
Stay safe
Ellie #27

Shoshi said...

What a lovely busy, colourful desk, Stacy. I love all the orange, and your little bags are delightful, and all those fabulous die cuts!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #23

LuLu said...

Howdy,
Love your desk and colorful bags!
I did not play WOYWW this week - but I still am visiting desks to get inspiration!

Peace,
LuLu
LuLu-too-beaucoup.blogspot.com