11.06.2020

Inspired by {Plaid Crafts}

 This week Julie is taking the Inspiration to Plaid crafts online you can see their site here and their pinterest boards here. I knew in advance that the Coffee Lovers blog hop for the second half of the year would also go live on this day and so, I did look for "coffee" as a jump start inside the Plaid crafts site. and I came across those cool painted travel mugs seen below.


 I really loved the colors of the paints so, that was my main thought followed by scales of products I have collected over the years I knew I could jury rig something that would work. ( an ornament on a cup) so, these to-go cups are My Favorite Things LLD coffee cup die cut from some Neenah solar white 110#. The ornaments & their decorations are from the  Lawn Fawn stitched ornaments set of dies. These were mostly also cut using Neenah but, the heart is some colored cork paper from Die cuts with a view. The gold is some shimmer and there are bits of stickles crystal glitter glue, gold elastic cord and foam pop dots also on these. I colored the blue one with a Zig clean brush marker and a gold gel pen. The sentiment is from the My Favorite Things Coffee break set. The frame was cut from a piece of Craft Consortium Festive Grunge paper with a Waffle Flower lacy layers stitched square dies. The sentiment the first time around I stamped it directly to the frame but, it was in a really dark grungy part of the print so, I re-stamped it on a scrap from the frame and paper pieced that into the frame for some subtle texture. I think it makes it a little easier to read. This finished out at 5 1/2" square in real life with a base made from Stampin' Up!'s Bermuda bay colored cardstock.

 This image source is from here. You can find this challenge here at SCS to play along with us and

If you'd like to play along with this hop and see some fun projects you can start looking here. The hash tag for social media posts is ‪#fallwinter2020clh 

 That's about it from me, thanks for stopping by.



6 comments:

Michele K. Henderson said...

This is super creative! I love the idea of the ornaments hanging off the cup! Great color palette too!

StampingbugKerry said...

You really matched those cups! Great take! :)

Billie A said...

Great images. I love the ornaments on the cups. Great look.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Super cute card design, love it

Helen Gullett said...

Ohhh such a sweet card. Love your card and the inspiration.

Dawn S. said...

What a lovely card!