11.08.2020

Day Three {Coffee Lovers Fall/Winter blog hop}

 It's Day 3 of the Fall & Winter Coffee Lovers blog hop. (you can find all the details here to play along and see some neat projects) The hashtag for social media is #fallwinter2020clh


This is a closer look at the gal from Unity Stamps set called Just what I needed. She was stamped with versafine on some strathmore Watercolor paper and water colored. and then when that was dry I added some stardust gelly roll pen to the splatter and buttons. there is also a little bit of Polychromos pencils in her hair and shading in the clothes.

The sentiment is also from Unity Stamps the cute Snowman to go set. This was cut with a Simon Says Stamp sentiment strip die. I did get some Karin skin tone water based markers recently. ( and there is a learning curve like anything else) the only skin she was showing was the hand. and you guessed it, it was the last thing I needed to color and instead of making a puddle on the glass mat and lifting in some color I went direct to paper with it. ( it was dark) and not at all skin toned looking, I have actually lifted a bunch of the color away with water and then the paper started to pill so, I stopped. I think that its not really the first thing you notice about this card and I will give it away.


Today is the day a new Featured Stamper is celebrated at SCS and today it is Jane, as it happens I have admired the colors and detailing of this pretty card here since she posted it so, I did use it as the inspiration to jump start mine. I kept the colors, changed the theme & used the vertical wood planks to mimic her score lines. The wood grain print is some very thin paper from Recollections, and I cut an offset window through it with a Waffle Flower A7 lacy layers die. I used a blue fine liner pen to draw the faux corners from the window on the wood paper. I also moved the sentiment to overlap the image. The base is some Bazzill and this one is 6 " square in real life. We actually got our first snow of the season here last night and So, I am picturing myself being just that bundled up when I head outdoors later. Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Billie A said...

so cute. Darling image.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Super cute, I love this image.

Liz Williams said...

I have this image too. Love it and you cute lay out!

Helen Gullett said...

This is a sweet card

Dawn S. said...

Such a pretty card!