2.28.2015

Mixed Media Tea


 A closer look at the collage elements. the Inspiration Challenge today heads to this tea photos board at Pinterest and I came across this shot that reminded me I wanted to try the pigment ink faux bokeh look for a background. So, I made an ghetto stencil from some packing from a die set and used my spellbinders classic circles to punch out some holes. ( this did not go well, I had to take scissors into the centers of them to get them to cut out all the way) is it possible to use your dies to be unsharp? who knows ( they cut paper OK) so, what I found is having a couple of goofs on the stencil did not matter with this background it was forgiving. I used some versamagic white chalk ink and some splendor yellow pigment for that. with some yellow gold inkagold int he largest yellow circle. The watercolor paper was colored with some shades of derwent Art bars a few weeks ago. so, I did not have that drying time today. I originally started this card in a portrait style and so, a lot of the dots got covered up when I flipped it on its side.


this card is A-7 in real life and the scale of the one cup by it self with all the leaves was not good so, I tossed in a shadow teapot and that helped a lot. the sentiment is an IO one stamped on a Martha Stewart tag I found at staples a long time ago. the paper has some kind of coating on it so, the whole center of the tag is heat embossed in clear. the edges I tried to use a Krylon leafing pen on but, it rubbed right off so, it got some old gold enamel heat embossed on the edges. The cup is up on pop dots and the center piece between the die cuts is a scrap of the yellow mulberry paper that was colored with some brown gold inkagold.  the leaves are only held on with a few glue dots so they can flutter on the edges.  you are now getting the idea this took a while to make right? I am loving how it turned out though so, its all good. and YAY me I actually USED some of these hoarded prima pearls...

1 comment:

KarinsArtScrap said...

great colours you have used Stacy and a beautiful card.
Gr Karin