2.23.2015

Altered Calendar Days

 So, I started this by doing a thin coat of gesso on these pages. when I got to day 3. ( think the first two went to instagram only) the calendar page started to peel so, I let this dry then added more gesso over the top of this and (so it looks different on the rest of the days below) but, I also added gesso to the back side of these pages.


 After the first three days the oh snap is a stampin up sentiment and the hand with the quill is also an su image.


so, I made it 3 whole days with flat things... then by day 4 the textures started coming in. this is scraps The colorful parts were part of a blotter sheet in the bottom of my spray box... this has some sealer over the top. the sentiment is a new one I just got in the mail from Art Impressions.


 the paler green dots are some gelatos which I just rubbed on here dry to see what they would do. the probably should seal this too but... the big green birdhouse is a wax seal that I pulled off the packaging that this particular tool was in when I bought it. its been sitting in that teacup saucer on the table for months.

Since I did not start this in January. I really think it looks cool but, also partially like a "chore" and the commitment issues of having to deal with it daily did not sound like "fun" so, I have lots of blank space about the where the dates were and I had stamped this image on this scrap when I first got it and its been laying on the table for a few weeks. so the staples are only in the printed paper not through the calendar page. the vintage photo distress was just color dusted to the squares that were masked in two directions for some movement.


 Days 4, 5, & 6

These butterflies were cut from a scrap made a bery long time ago. guessing alcohol ink on glossy cardstock. this is some Tim Holtz border die. so, these were in that little bin of bits and pieces on the table. I think that giving my self permission to just turn this into some kind of a smash book is working better than trying to make some fabulous piece of "Art" every day.


The daily challenge at Split Coast stampers for "ways to use it" on thursday was to use buttons and lace. and that was almost too easy of a challenge for me but, I grabbed these scraps off the table and just you know kinda laughed a little because, it felt too much like cheating and so I didn't stick it in the gallery.
the reds are all distress inks and water.

 So this got me thinking, maybe I would use these day's to mess around with "ideas" for the daily challenges.

 I took a peek at the Mix Challenge on Friday all my brain remembered was that there as mask a hill and use some text paper some how... so, Not really sure this even fits that one but, the hill was masked and then I added some snow-tex to the plain calendar page hill and then cut this house diecut from a free gift die that Sweet and Sassy Stamps sent me with my last order ( no clue what its real name may be)


 Added some stickles to the snow-y hill and then added faux stitches to the house dieshape.



You know what the sad part is? these pages really are being masked... and I am even blotting the big drops of color... but, I am still seeing it bleed.
(a little) I'd imagine it would be even messier with no masking tape. This bird is from Technique Tuesday.


What the first 10 days look like together.

No comments: