7.02.2014

What's on Your Workdesk? Wednesday #265


It's another Wednesday mess display, you can join the fun starting at Julia's blog seen here. Why? because, I think most people who craft has a certain level of curiosity and it's fun to see what other people are pushing around on their workspaces.

Okay so last night I started spritzing and spraying those Dylusion sprays. ( eye popping vibrant colors) yes, I want more colors now *sigh* I probably should have just bought them last week but, you know how it is you think I will just get a few and then pretty soon you own every color ranger makes... oh and you can see its whole body in this shot, I've had comments on the frog tape dispenser and it took me a while to figure out what people were asking about ( they seen a turtle sticking out in some shot) it's normally to the left behind those sprays but in front of that vintage box of crayons ( a new find) 


some first attempts, one of them looked a little christmas-y in design so, I remembered that the Fanclub Christmas card challenge is to have an Sentiment driven design for July and I have this oh its fabulous I'll have to type it out so you can read the words ( mug shot below) but, its from IO by Dina Kowal ok, this was faster to find a link to it. Irish Christmas Blessing


keep in mind this was shot in the dark with the flash. ( there is no other way its such a black hole of a cave up there) but, this is what I am tinkering with at the moment. I am considering bling. tossed some sequins on it but, it looked like the card sneezed sequins so they were picked up. then dug out the basket of pearls and was like no, no no so maybe something else will click tonight after work. this last week I did play with those oil based water activated crayons, both direct to rubber and direct to an embossing folder. misted with water and stamped with them. they color so smooth. clean up was easy no staining on the folder or the rubber. ( I can see more colors following me home ) 

12 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Stacy, Beautiful mix of colours on the background and, for me, the card needs no other embellishment - I like it the way it is. Happy WOYWW and thanks for sharing. Elizabeth x #47

Unknown said...

Love the colours on your card. I also like it just the way it is.
Have a fun week
Gillian #28

Nan G said...

Have fun with the Dylusions. I sold most of mine as I don't like them. Love the card you've started. Hugs and Happy WOYWW! Nan G #53

Angie said...

I'm drooling over that card! I will not buy more sprays lol! That card is beautiful though! Thanks for the visit!
Anige #52

Ali H said...

Thanks for calling by - fab colours on the card ! I always add some Stickles when in doubt ! You asked about the sun prints - it was a process where we laid dried leaves & flowers on specially prepared sun sensitive paper (made the design in the shade) then took it out in the sun. The paper which is not covered goes a deep blue but the leaves leave a white silhouette design behind - great fun ! Ali #5

JD/ Jill said...

Loved seeing your workspace. I enjoy being nosy and seeing where everyone works. I need to clean mine up again, so I can find my desk. It looks so neat on my blog, and makes me feel like I'm cheating...because it's the way it looked two years ago, when I first remodeled my room. It went downhill from there...LOL
I see you have an Ott light on your desk. I would be lost without mine, It's how I photograph my cards...
see you at Split coast...(One of my favorite places to visit!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh how much fun is that dylusions have three of them yet to play sigh why do we do that.. not enough time etc.. re your card would (but not sure you can if it's not stuck down just ink up around edges with a gold pad or such like.. thanks for popping over, Shaz in oz.x #4

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Stacy, thanks for visiting my desk and Happy WOYWW. Wow I love the rich colours on your Christmas card, it's lovely, I don't think it needs any extras. I've resisted the sprays so far...but they look good. Cheers and have a great week RobynO#8

Neet said...

Love the strong vibrant rich c olours on that card. Wow!
Hugs and Thanks for visiting me - Neet xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I love spraying on paper and card and this is great, love the colour combination.
Happy crafting, Angela x #48

tocovya said...

As I have blog hopped isn't it common how we all seem to end up with just 2square inch of workspace!

fairy thoughts said...

its great when other dezkers see things on our dezk wedont ..... like the turtle the
tape thing
janet #7