7.03.2014

Christmas Blessings


this is the cardfront from Tuesday night as a card. its A-7 in real life, the lace is vintage the edges of the diecut sprayed panel were inked with a Krylon copper leafing pen. the Anna Griffin hollyberry Bough folder was inked with some mellow moss done in that faux Belleek style. a very long time ago, I am still waiting for this folder to go for sale haha. ( It was something my mil picked up shopping off her tv last summer/fall) the base is SU pomegranate.


One of the things I learned doing this one was that if you hit the panel with your heat gun it changes the colors of the sprays. see how faded and brown they look in the center of this? that is the hardest part for me is letting things have air drying times but, it's a good thing to know now before I need to make a bunch of something. this was sprayed with Dylusions Sprays tuesday night after dark. I knew it was changing color but, I didn't realize how drastic it was until I seen it the daylight Wednesday. the colors in both of these shots are a little off the top is too green for the embossed panel and the bottom is too blah in the embossed panel. it was really hard to shoot I think its the pink is way too close to red that way. digital camera's are so touchy with red's it seems like to me. oh for the days when you looked through the viewfinder and what you see was what you get.

No comments: