3.14.2012

Vintage type {from scraps}

I know if you recognize these stamps you are laughing... yes, they are clear ones from my favorite things..."just my type"
I did that bought some stamp sets from them recently. and this is what I found so far.
This type writer paper sheet die is a decent size in real life. this particular one was stamped with memento which made bloppy splotchy spots on the image ( got better results later with versafine) but, kept this one because, it was one of the finally got smart images that worked.
My usual plan of attack is stamp something on a scrap or what ever then die cut... the mft dies are just like memory box, poppy stamps, papertrey ink... you cant see through them... so every thing I stamped then tried to cut no matter how i lined it up, it did not cut right, it cut into the image... finally it occurred to me that these stamps are clear... I just might be able to see to stamp on the die cut... so this was done that way.
mostly scrap papers used an goochie script folder on the embossed part, the gem thingy is from prima flowers ribbons unknown. this ones 5 1/2" square in real life.

No comments: