3.25.2012

Bow Challenged no more...

So when I was hunting down the refuge set inside ourdailybread recently I came across this Becca's peg bow maker and thought ah ha... she has a post on her blog that shows how she made this but, for me what made it worth ordering was the fact that it comes with a video where you get to listen and watch her hands make various bows. ( way cool, I lose my bow easy every time I find it) this comes as un-finished wood in pieces. I stained mine green before I assembled it.
So this seambinding bow is one of the first ones I've made. that is one of the recommendations on the video is to learn on the seam binding because of how it drapes. ( now I'd like more colors of it lol )
The Ivory May Arts burlap string I tied around my left hand fingers like they were pegs because, by then I had the peg holder off the table again. the Northwoods sentiment has some jump rings through it and the brads unknown.
Colored this lili of the valley image with copic's but forgot to jot down what colors these actually are. its die cut with an classic scallop rectangle spellbinders die and inked on the edges with creamy brown chalk.
Peek inside. sentiments from SU well scripted set, the stripe pp is not marked with MFG info on back.
This is 5X7 in real life, the pink shimmer paper is from provocraft, the grey (basic grey) was run through an sizzix argyle #2 folder, The check pinks is from Making memories, the floral pinks is from fancy pants and the base is bazzill.

2 comments:

Leigh Anne said...

oHWOW! that's just gorgeous, and now you are in bow heaven - of course I LOVE that you stained it green. nice green too, cheery

Chautona said...

Beautiful! I love it!