1.21.2011

Virtual Stamp Night (1)

If you've never heard of this "Virtual Stamp Night" you can read about it on that link... but, the Mini started tonight with 6 challenges posted... I have goofed the first two already. this first challenge had the color combo of Cherry Cobbler, Regal Rose with Kiwi Kiss, it had a sketch and you had to create a flower using punchies or dies and the only stamp could be a sentiment... ah, I thought OK you can do this... this is a 18 minute card... grabbed the color of cs first then started digging through the punchies to see what would make a flower... dont know these punchies names so tossed them into the shot with the card. I knew i wanted it to be a "small" card. (because, I assumed all my punchies would be lost on a big card) and so i made this 4 1/4" square before i had die cut the lotus pendant. the ribbon ( unknown, probably May Arts) was stapled to the card front so, since this was shot "wet" the inside cover will not be lined until its dry. after i got the lotus on, i realized there was not room for a stem so wound some fbty pea green fibers through the edges and tied on the sentiment tag. thanks for this challenge Theresa! The Second Challenge was along the lines of "show me the condition of your heart" and the first word that came to me was guarded. So, jotted down the remaining challenges after i finished the first one, took a break for dinner. did this card. loved it... then realized the base was supposed to be heart shaped... read it as a figurative type thought. "condition" for shape and the first word that came to me was guarded... that is todays word. it changes. the rivet looking paper heart is up on pop-dots and the crackle base panel is torn by hand. Thanks for this challenge Paula! This one is 6" square in real life.

2 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Good morning sweet Stacy! Thank you so much for the happy mail! It really really made my day and touched my heart!


Love your shares today, too!

reflections:0) said...

Stacy~

Thank you for the card and images you made my day!


Flexie:0)