5.31.2007

A Virtual (reverse mask) challenge card

This card came about for Jan's Virtual swap with a twist in the stamp shack, this one instead of mailing stamped images Jan is sending people mask's of the scalloped square Punches. So i said, you know, i have those punches. I want to try this... how i did it was. This card is 5.5 x 5.5 in real life, in shades of browns and gold. I did this last night when it was too dark for photos and truth be told when the sun first comes up it still is... ( might re-shoot this later today) I started with a scrap of printer paper that i punched the hole in. then I taped that to the cream card stock. Then i stamped the image of the little shoppers (Art Impressions) through the hole in Nick Bantock Vandyke Brown. Then I placed a mask of the shoppers over them. and stippled brushed some old paper distress on top to cover all the holes inside the punchie hole. ( then i took the paper i had taped down off my cream card stock) then i placed the scalloped square over the top of all of that stamping and stamped the Worn WallPaper ( Stampers Anonymous) over the top of the whole square in tea dye distress. I have a small pile of distress foil transferred backgrounds i did a while back and i ran one of the ones done in tea dye through a Swirls cuttlebug folder then most the edges were trimmed with Pinking deco scissors and then layered to the card front. the Memories is a K&Co. sticker from walmart. the only lumps on this card are from the Prima Flowers. tfl.

3 comments:

Vintage Papers said...

this is just the sweetest! thanks for showing how it is done - and btw I have the same placemats :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Stacy...
I'll have to print out the instructions!!!

Godelieve said...

What a gorgeous card! Thanks for telling how you did this. I have those little shoppers too, it's such a cute stamp!