5.29.2007

Happy Birthday Bella card

the colors of this one came about from a comment left for me in a gallery on the Emmerson card i did the other day... the comment was to the effect of, oh i like how you colored her to match the paper... and that never occurred to me, I actually colored her, then looked through my scraps for pp that would work with it. so this card i tried it the other way around, i stamped this Bella the other day for some rak but, didn't send this particular one out because if you look close at her feet you will see a black halo effect of ink ( which is why the grey shadows are so dark on this one) so, this card i pulled out the piece of Chatterbox paper out of the bin and then colored the Bella. its layered on some diecutswithaview cardstock and the green is old olive. the card base is a watercolor base that is not quite 5x7 and i think its from strathamore or some co. like that ( envelope is slightly textured too) The sentiment stamp is from Rubber soul and stamped on a SU tag Punch that has some aged mahogany distress color dusted on it. the "trims" are scrap pieces i had cut off the edges of the mat papers with deco scissors. had orignally thought to stamp maybe some thread type edging on it, then looked down that my trash baggie had already been removed from my room so, put them on the card instead.

2 comments:

Rika said...

This is a lovely card!

Admin said...

This is a really nice card, great color choices, neat layout, perfect placement, i love it, glad I found your blog I will check back frequently!